Monday, September 24, 2007

Performance this Friday @ 1:30 in Lafayette


It's been a long while since I posted: life's gotten complicated. But I've been playing and practising. This Friday, I'll be taking a little baby step in the direction of playing in public: playing and singing a couple of songs as part of a performance by the Contra Costa Performing Arts Society at 1:30 PM in Lafayette (500 St. Mary's Road). The details are in the flyer to the right. If you can come, do! It'd be great to have supporters in the audience, and all the musicians are great!

The two songs I'll be playing are a version of the Bessie Smith classic, "Backwater Blues," which became, by accident, one of the anthems of the great Mississippi River Flood of 1927. The other is a version of "Amazing Grace."

I'm quite nervous, but also excited. :). I'll post video afterwards if I can.


1 comment:

Vipin said...

I have a blog which is completely full of entertainment like movies, music, ringtones etc.